HOME THE SHOP OUR STORY SPONSOR US FEATURED

RECIPE BOX >> Julienne Zucchini with herbs and chicken


I don't do this often, but every once in a while I like to post some great recipes. This one can be converted to vegetarian, is simple, and super yummy! 

What I love about this recipe is that its so versatile and easy. The ingredients and amounts are very loose because it depends on what you like and how many your cooking for!

Ingredients(I would base them on how much you need):

Chicken(optional) You can use as much or as little as you'd like
Basil( I use fresh, about 7-8 medium leaves)
Herbs de Provence(found at Whole foods or fresh herbs work too)
Angel hair pasta(use as much as you need)
1 Medium or Large Zucchini
Olive oil 2-3 Tbs 
2 Cloves of Garlic


1) Begin with all your items. 


I love herbs de Provence. Its a combination of lavender, rosemary, and many other herbs, it smells amazing and tastes amazing. You can also use fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme.


If you use chicken I recommend cutting it into chunks first.


Crush your garlic.


Add olive oil and garlic to your pan and cook on low until soft.



Chop and or grind your herbs. We used basil from our garden!
While doing this I would start boiling your water for the pasta, and begin cooking the chicken.


Then, Julienne your zucchini. I haven't mastered this yet.


Add your zucchini and herbs and begin to cook the zucchini until soft/crunchy. (I like mine crunchy) A mix of both are nice too!


Keep cooking.. Id ad the pasta to the pot now! :)
Finish the chicken and zucchini.


Voila! Mix together! It is very simple! It may seem dry however the herbs give it tons of flavor! Again, the fresher the herbs, the better!

Enjoy! 





3 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. Too bad my husband doesn't like zucchini. He's a baby about vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Alex will pretty much try anything as long as its food! Im lucky for that!

    meg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we make sure to read and reply to every one! They are very important to us!